Sunday, May 4, 2014

Complications!

Look Ma, Just one cavity!
Remember the cosmetic work that Skipper was going to do for me? Well this is what he found.  There were some pretty big gelcoat cracks in the back corners of my cockpit. Skipper thought that they were just gelcoat cracks and was going to patch them.  When he sanded through the gelcoat, he found that on one side, there was only a single layer of fiberglass in my deck! He put his finger through it. By the time he removed all of the thin flaky fiberglass, there was this giant hole in my deck.  After that, he decided to inspect the fiberglass on the other side too, just to make sure that there the fiberglass on that side wasn't paper thin.

 Skipper spent some time laying in new fiberglass to cover the hole on my starboard side, then put some on the port side too "just in case". He said that his fat butt puts a lot of stress there, so he wanted to shore it up as much as he could.

Skipper has spent a lot of time working on my various maladies, so I guess that I'm not going to be a goner after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment